(HVP) (Non-GMO Soya Base)
What is hydrolysed vegetable protein – Flavor Enhancer?
Taj Agro is one of the leading bulk manufacturers of Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein or HVP
which is produced by boiling non GMO, defatted Soya powder, in acid and then neutralizing the
solution with sodium hydroxide. The acid hydrolyzes, or breaks down, the protein in vegetables
into their component amino acids. The resulting powder contains, among other amino acids,
glutamic acid which consumers are more familiar with as MSG, or mono sodium glutamate. It is
used as a flavor enhancer in many processed foods.
HVP acts as a flavor enhancer for seasoning on ready to eat food products. As the proteins are
broken down into their constituent amino acids, the result contains as much as 20 percent
glutamate and that is the reason hydrolysed vegetable protein is accounted as a constituent in
foods giving it a savory or a meaty flavor.
- Natural substitute for salt & MSG
- Enhancing umami/meaty flavor
- Good solubility.
- Natural and safe.
- Better mouth fullness.
- 100% vegetarian
- HVP is a natural alternative to sodium glutamate (MSG) used in Chinese & other food preparations.
- HVP offers more of meaty, smoked, umami flavor suitable for beef, chicken soups
- HVP find use in instant soups, ready to eat snacks such as extruded snacks, noodles, wafers, spice mixes, meaty flavor enhancer, sauce, mono Sodium Glutamate replacer.
- HVP also used in plant protein beverages, cold drinks and cold food to enhance the mouth fullness.
- HVP used in seasonings as a base. Also specifically used in all type of soups, snack seasonings, taste makers.
Specification of Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP) ?
|PRODUCT||HYDROLYSED VEGETABLE PROTEIN , HVP|
(ACID HYDROLYSATE OF SOYA)
|Applications||It Is Used In Sauce Masala, Soups & Other Food Recipes As A|
Flavor Enhancer And Other Food Preparations As A Vehicle For
|Description||Fine, Free Flowing, Slightly Hygroscopic, Spray Dried Powder|
Derived From High Quality Non GMO Soya.
|Color||Yellow To Light Brown Colored Powder|
|Odor||Typical Beany Sweetish|
|Solubility||2% Solution In Water Is Clear|
|pH OF 2 % SOLUTION||3.50 TO 7.00 AT 270C.|
|Loss On Drying||NMT10.00 % W/W As Estimated By AOAC Method.|
|Chemical Parameters:||(On Dry Wt. Basis)|
|Total Nitrogen(N)||2.00-4.00 % W/W As Estimated By Kjeldahl’s Method.|
|Residue On Ignition||NMT 50.00 % W/W|
|CHLORIDE CONTENT (NaCl)||40.00-50.00 % W/W|
|Total Plate Count||NMT 10,000 CFU Per Gram|
|Yeast & Moulds||Absent|