As mother nature’s original superfood – eggs have been part of our diets since the dawning of time. Yet only now are we learning the full extent of the nutritional wonders they pack, and how beneficial they are in promoting lasting health benefits. Loaded with 13 essential vitamins and minerals, eggs also provide key sources of these important nutrients that are needed as part of a healthy diet to help you be your best, every day.
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth and runny egg inside a warm buttered bread with organic processed sauce and mouth-watering slices of fresh salads.
- 1 large egg
- Water for boiling
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of vinegar
- Use a deep, large pan to poach an egg. Fill it with plenty of water and add a pinch of salt and a dash of white wine vinegar. This will help set the egg.
- Bring the water to the boil and use a slotted spoon to create a whirlpool in the water. Crack the egg into the middle of the whirlpool. You may want to crack it into a ramekin first – using a separate vessel helps the egg keep its shape.
- Let the egg set for 3-5 minutes depending on how runny you want it. You can use a slotted spoon to take it out and lightly squeeze it to test. Crack the egg onto a plate and then tip it into the water. Time as follows:
- 3 minutes for a completely runny yolk
- 4 minutes for a slightly set yolk with a
- runny middle
- 5 minutes for a firm yolk
4. Remove the poached egg from the boiling water using a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain.
Young cook’s tip: Serve on a warm buttered muffin, toast or bagel. Add spinach and organic sauce for Eggs Florentine, to make Eggs Benedict – both great brunch recipes!
|Nutritional information, per serving:|
For such a seemingly simple dish, perfect poached eggs can be a tricky one to master, especially if they’re part of a bigger meal, it can be easy to get overwhelmed by all the different components. But whether a total beginner or culinary connoisseur, easy poached eggs can be a part of everyone’s repertoire.