Fresh egg plays an important role in the vast majority of food products, but is there a better alternative?
We at Taj Agro Products, we supply a range of Egg Powders to a variety of manufacturers, and they’re already seeing the impact this versatile product can make.
What are Egg Powders?
With dried egg product, you get all of the benefits of a fresh egg without worrying that the egg will go bad. Dried egg product acts like real egg because it is real egg. It’s simply dehydrated.
Dried egg products are non-perishable, and if they’re made and stored correctly, they can last for a long time. They’re created using a similar process to powdered milk, forming a soft powder that can be incorporated into a number of different edible products. The method is called spray drying, and it produces a powder by rapidly drying a wet substance (like eggs).
Powdered Egg carries all the usual nutritional benefits of a fresh egg, without the worry of it going bad! They offer a good source of protein, immune-boosting properties, and antibacterial qualities.
What are they used for?
Egg powders can be incorporated into a number of recipes, and they’re especially useful for producing free from foods as they’re entirely gluten-free.
Egg white powders are also ideal for making low-fat recipes for the more health-conscious consumers.
They provide functional and logistical benefits to bakery applications, playing the same role a fresh egg would. It can be added to bakery recipes without the fuss of having to mix with liquid beforehand, all you need to do is add the amount needed and the required amount of water and carry on with the usual recipe process. Whether it’s for cakes, bread, biscuits, muffins or pancakes; you’ve got a no-mess, no-fuss, and free-from-friendly egg replacement.
You can also use egg powders as a replacement in omelettes and scrambled eggs, or soups and sauces – in fact almost any product that usually contains fresh egg. All you need to do is add liquid!
Key Benefits of Egg Powder:
- Dried eggs contain all the nutritional benefits of a fresh egg. They offer protein, immune-boosting properties, antibacterial qualities, and more.
- Dried eggs are the highest quality protein available to pet food manufacturers. Their form is highly digestible, and they provide a great source of antioxidants and nutrients.
- Dried eggs are smaller in volume when compared to fresh eggs, which means they can be accommodated in a smaller package. They also have a reduced weight per volume.
- Dried eggs are very affordable. You will be able to increase your sales and popularize your brand without spending a lot of money.
- Dried egg products have a long shelf life and don’t need to be refrigerated, which makes them a perfect addition to dry dog foods, which are typically stored for long periods of time in unrefrigerated bags or plastic containers.
- If you use a good source like Taj Agro you can expect a low ash content. Plus, dried egg products are free of eggshells and non-egg materials.
- Dried egg products can be a healthy addition to the diets of both cats and dogs.
Summary of the advantages:
- Entirely gluten-free
- Reduced weight per volume
- Consistent results
- Less mess!
Our range includes Egg Albumen (White) Powder, Egg Yolk Powder, and Whole Egg Powder, all available as Standard, Barn, or Free Range.
For More info; please log into egg powder section on this site.